When launching Explore Granite & Quartz and Explore Kitchens I knew I wanted a limited number of locally available, exclusive wholesale dealers to supply products for my clients. With a network like ours, focused on delivering customer front and center kitchen and bath design and remodel, even one bad apple could spoil the whole bunch. That’s why I’ve spent a year gathering the resources you find here and Karran Quartz sinks are one of the best I’ve found.
We live a lot of our lives in our kitchens, and if there’s one piece of equipment that probably gets used more than any other, it’s our sinks. From washing dishes to washing faces, from filling pots to rinsing out our unmentionables, sinks get used on a daily basis and having a sink that is not only sexy from the beginning but keeps that youthful elegance and charm for years to come is a big trick.
Quartz composite sinks fit the bill
Since quartz is one of the hardest available minerals, it is extremely durable. At a seven on the one to ten Mohs scales of mineral hardness, Quartz is one of the hardest surfaces commonly used in manufacturing.
- Extremely scratch-resistant
- Will resist most household cleaners and abrasive powders. Unlike some acrylics and stainless steel sinks, quartz sinks will stay scratch-free for years.
- Resists chips from impact
- Dropped items often seem to land in the sink. With a quartz sink, you won’t have to worry about chip repair, or living with a damaged sink.
- Does not fade
- Quartz composites are mostly stone, creating a highly stable surface that doesn’t fade with sunlight.
Since our countertop options are stainless steel 18 gauge or based around a natural stone or manufactured stone product, quartz sinks, and there is only one Karran. Karran quartz sinks.
They are known for their firsts. They were cutting edge in developing under-mount quartz sinks, and their seamless sink mounts are one of the best designs I’ve ever seen for incorporating the sink directly into the countertop as a single unit.
Versatility of installation
Being able to mount sinks in a variety of cabinet settings and incorporating them into various styles of countertop was essential. If I’ve only got one line to offer, that line needs to offer something for everyone. Karran features some of the most versatile install specs of any sink maker in the business.
- Apron front designs. Farm sinks are still on-trend for 2020 and Karran makes some of the best I’ve seen. Their QA and QAR lines feature apron front designs.
- QU models are standard under-mount sinks for use with granite, quartz, and solid surface countertop installations.
- QT models are top-mount and can be installed in the style of countertop. This is the most traditional installation.
- Q models are the most innovative design from Karran, featuring a completely seamless installation, where sink and countertop become as one.
Variety of design
With 32 variations among their quartz sinks, Karran provides one of the widest lines available. From small bath ovals to large double sinks, Karran’s quartz lineup will suit every buyer, whether you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen or add a second bath.
- Six variations of the apron front sink, with units for new construction and refit installations.
- Eleven under-mount models. Karran’s catalog features five single basin and six doubles to fit almost any installation.
- Their top mount line provides almost identical designs to the under-mount series with eleven models to choose from.
- Karran also features six seamless style basins for installation on a variety of stone and solid surface countertops.
Perfect for kitchen usage
Kitchen sinks are the heart and soul of many homes. They are used for food preparation and cleaning projects that range from hand washing to soaking laundry. We pour everything down them from kitchen grease to boiling water. Quartz kitchen sinks are ideal for all of the usages kitchen sinks see. This is a combination of beauty and practicality not found in many products.
- Resists the growth of bacteria
- Quartz has a highly nonporous surface, preventing the absorption of fluids and liquids from food preparation that often leads to the growth of bacteria.
- Safe for high-temperature uses
- With a high percentage of quartz stone in the composite, Karran quartz sinks will resist temperatures up to 530 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Resistant to stains and sticking, Karran sinks wash easily with water and a soft cloth, making kitchen sink cleanup a breeze.
Great designer choices
The trickiest part of choosing only one wholesaler for each product we offer has turned out to be finding vendors with a wide enough selection of style choices to suit our customers. Karran has done a great job of providing options to create a huge variety of looks in their quartz sink line.
- Variety of shapes and styles
- Karran’s sinks come in square, rectangular, oval, and curved edge designs to fit your kitchen and bath countertop designs.
- Variety of color options
- Karran has created six different colors, available in all mount and style choices for hundreds of variations.
- Combine with a variety of countertops
- By combining Karran’s beautiful designs with any of our excellent countertop choices, we can create a nearly inexhaustible variety of design options.
Karran rates an A-plus for value
From the unmatched durability of its 80% true quartz composite, to the dozens of style choices and mounting preferences, to Karran’s unparalleled commitment to customer service, Karran provides the kind of excellence I expect in home improvements. It’s a sink I’d be proud to sell to my own mother.
Welcome Karran to the Explore lineup
With Explore Granite & Quartz and Explore Kitchens, I decided to try something new. To provide the absolute best in customer experience, I’ve spent a year scouring home shows, showrooms, and websites to bring you the very best at what they do, locally available, and priced to be a value for the quality offered. Karran wins the Explore seal of approval and I’m proud to offer them as our exclusive quartz sink provider.
Owner/Operator, ExploreKitchens.com and Explore Granite & Quartz
Explore is a Class A general contractor specializing in new kitchen renovations and remodels in the Northern Virginia and surrounding areas of the DMV